GlobeNewswire is a news distribution platform that drives brand awareness and boosts the online visibility 0f international companies
Globalia Logistics Network, a freight networking covering 170 cities across 106 countries, has created a media partnership with GlobeNewswire. GlobeNewswire is one of the world’s largest news distribution networks that provides real-time news releases from corporates helping them to reach an international audience.
They specialize in the distribution of corporate press releases, financial disclosures, and multimedia content to media, investors, and consumers worldwide. At the moment, they are covering over 130 countries in 35+ languages.
In the words of Antonio Torres, the President and Founder of Globalia Logistics Network, “Globalia’s media partnership with GlobeNewswire will increase the online visibility of the network. Additionally, it will drive brand awareness and generate media coverage by targeted news distribution to media and consumers worldwide.”
Click on this link to check out the website of GlobeNewswire.
Globalia’s spring newsletter for 2022 is now available for reading and downloading from the Newsletter section of the Globalia’s website
Globalia Logistics Network’s first quarterly newsletter for 2022 is now out. Members can view and download the newsletter from Globalia’s website. The newsletter is well stocked with the latest news and interview from the members as well as breaking news and interesting reports from the logistics industry. Additionally, it also features all the important news and updates from the network.
Inside the newsletter, you will be reading a detailed feature on the new online logistics courses exclusively offered to Globalia members. Moreover, you will get to read all the latest news from your network partners in Ho Chi Minh, Tangier, Tema/Accra, Munich and Bristol. There is also an engaging interview with the MD of Globalia Sydney- one of Globalia’s founding members. In this interview, he talks about his experiences at Globalia and the factors that encouraged him to remain a member for the last 5 years.
We have included a special interview with Manuel Cardona, Globalia’s IT Manager and FreightViewer Developer. In this interview, he talks about the origins of this platform, what motivated the GLB team to develop and improve it, and its future potentials. There is also a news about the online certificate of membership that members can henceforth download and print.
Our sector news in focus is about the new logistics tools from Google and its uses. Additionally, you can also glance through some of the news headlines from the supply chain sector. Lastly, we have included a special article about intermodal containers and its utilities.
Do not forget to check out the page on cities needing coverage and make sure to refer your industry peers!
To feature the latest news of your company in our next newsletter, kindly send us an email with a few lines about your recent undertakings.
“We are a united team that helps each other out, communicates frequently, and comes together to solve the problems of our clients.”
This week we are publishing an interview with Dustin Brown, who is the Membership Development Coordinator of Globalia Logistics Network. Dustin’s primary job consists of researching and enlisting the most competent companies for membership in Globalia. His job also entails meticulous research of the background of the members before deciding if they qualify for membership. Prior to becoming a part of Globalia, he worked for 4 years teaching English as a second language. He also spent many years working at the administrative department of a top US university. Through all this, he has developed a talent for international relations and communications.
Q. Tell us a bit about your experience at Globalia?
A. It’s been a few years now that I have been a part of the Globalia team and my experience here has been very satisfying. We have a small close-knit team who works together to help our members and solve any issues they might be facing. Moreover, working at Globalia has taught me a lot about client research, client communication and the job of enlisting new members to extend the coverage of our network.
Q. Tell us about your job. Do you find your everyday tasks interesting?
A. My everyday work is not only interesting, it can also become very demanding at times. My most important task consists of conducting in-depth research about the companies of the membership applicants to determine their trustworthiness. As you know, only the most competent, reliable and financially solvent independent freight forwarders make it to our network. Our strict membership criteria allow us to provide a safe work environment for all our members.
My task also entails connecting with potential members and informing them about how as one of the best freight forwarding networks Globalia can help them with increasing their business volume. I try to ensure that our network keeps expanding to cover all the major cities/ports around the world. Lastly, as the Membership Development Coordinator, I am the first person our members contact before becoming a part of the network.
Q. Which is the most challenging aspect of your work?
A. Conducting the thorough selection process to determine the financial solvency, competence, creditworthiness, business volume, market reputation and competitiveness of the members proves to be a highly demanding task that requires lots of time and effort. The territorial exclusivity that Globalia offers makes it even more important to conduct the selection process meticulously. Additionally, communicating with agents from so many different cultural and linguistic backgrounds is both exciting and challenging at the same time.
Q. What is the most important objective of your team with regard to sales?
A. The most important task of our sales team is to expand the coverage of Globalia Logistics Network. Our motto is to increase our outreach to cover all the important cities/ports in the world. To this end, our PR and Marketing team organizes many promotional campaigns. Moreover, as the Membership Development Coordinator, I reach out to the leading forwarders who have to meet all the requirements to become a part of our network.
I believe in putting myself in my customers’ shoes and easing any pain points they might have. The satisfaction of our agents is our ultimate objective and to this end, I will keep putting in my best effort.
Q. In your opinion, which is one of the less known benefit for Globalia members in terms of sales?
A. One of the less known benefit for members in sales terms is undoubtedly the referral program. The members need to suggest to us the names of trustworthy freight forwarders in cities that are vacant at the moment. If this referred agent makes it into our network, the member will obtain a 25% discount on their membership. They can avail of a maximum of 4 discounts of 25% every year by referring their industry peers. This implies the chance of paying zero membership fee in the next year! Moreover, agents who go for membership in more than one territory are required to pay just 50% of the membership fee for every additional branch.
Q. Globalia turned 5 last year. Is there any new benefit that you are offering this year?
A. That is a good question. In the last 5 years, we have developed a wide-coverage network with reliable freight forwarders, However, we are always looking for new ways to give our members the best benefits and service. That is why, this year we have launched new logistics courses exclusively for our members, in cooperation with CIFFA and Container XChange. The objective of this online e-learning platform is to allow members to upgrade their skills and knowledge base by training their employees.
Q. What do you like most about working at Globalia?
A. The best part about working here is surely the warm, friendly and positive work environment. My seniors allow me to exercise my creativity and allow me to try out new approaches to each aspect of my work. Additionally, my colleagues as well as my seniors are very considerate and encouraging. Even during a large part of the last two years when we were working from home, our team was constantly in touch and we coordinated all our tasks online. Despite finding my work challenging, I thoroughly enjoy it since I love to resolve issues and experiment with new strategies to improve our services. The positive and energetic office ambience further fosters my productivity. Lastly, over the past years, my work relationship with my colleagues has transformed into friendship. We are a united team that helps each other out, communicates frequently, and comes together to solve the problems of our clients.
Q. What are the work ethics that inspire you?
A. Honesty, ingeniousness and the expertise to solve tricky situations and come to the right decisions are a few of the qualities I have picked up during my career. I firmly believe that transparent communication, resourcefulness, and operational integrity can help us reach out to more forwarders and enable our agents to place them successfully in the industry. I believe in putting myself in my customers’ shoes and easing any pain points they might have. The satisfaction of our agents is our ultimate objective and to this end, I will keep putting in my best effort.